If you are an IBE member or do not wish to submit an abstract, you may apply for an IBE bursary.
The criteria for an 12th AOEC bursary application is strictly as follows:
- The applicant must be 50 years of age and under
- The applicant must be residing or born in the region
- The applicant should not have been awarded an IBE/ILAE bursary within the past 4 years
- The applicant must submit a short statement explaining why attendance at the congress would be particularly relevant to their present appointment/activity in the field of epilepsy
- The applicant must declare if they have sourced any other partial funding to attend the congress and disclose the nature of the funding
- The applicant must submit a signed reference from a person supporting their application (e.g. local IBE chapter representative; Head of Department of Hospital, Institution, Epilepsy Centre etc.)
In order to apply for an IBE bursary, you need to provide the following three documents in MS Word, PDF or JPG.
- A document that outlines the personal details of the applicant and answers funding questions. Please use this template: Application Form
- A reference document completed by a person supporting the application (e.g. IBE Association officer, Head of department of Hospital or institution, etc). Please use this template: Reference Document
- A copy of the page of the applicant’s passport that shows the applicant’s full name and date of birth.
The completed two template forms and the passport copy should be emailed to email@example.com before Friday 21st February 2018.
All applicants will be contacted with the results of their bursary application by mid March 2018.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions on the IBE bursary application.